Who is a Good Candidate for Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is one of the best, in fact, the top rated make money online home business. Why, you ask? Due to the ease of entry and it can be a very low cost start up. It has the highest ROI - the best profit and earning potential. So why isn't everyone doing it? Well, like all other professions, it's not for everyone. There is also timing.
All opportunities are sensitive to where a person is in their life and if it is the right time for that. Then there is just plain aptitude and attitude. You don't get anywhere with this, or any other opportunity if you don't commit to it and stick with it with determination. Also too many people quit early on simply because they have unrealistic expectations, or they are not willing to put in the work.
Sure, you are going to see advertisements to make money "fast" and big numbers along with passive income. While that is all truly possible, even quite doable, it does not just happen overnight and there is no magic button. You have to work for it. People want the magic button. Of course we do! We all do! Doesn't exist folks! That's fantasy land!
So when you read about all of the people who tried Affiliate Marketing and failed - there you have it!
What about the benefits? Is Affiliate Marketing worth the investment of time, effort, and money? If these things are important to you, then yes! If not, move along.
Benefits of Affiliate Marketing
High performance-based earning potential - it's up to you.
Low start up cost - it's up to you.
Financial independence is real - if you succeed (if you stick with it)
Independence: Your freedom, control of your life, time, environment, where you work, how you work, and not having to answer to anyone!
Being able to work as much or as little as you want.
Being able to work from anywhere - be a digital nomad if you like, or stay home with the family.
Being able to choose a niche, products, programs, and content that truly interests you.
Having many choices in how to market. No matter what your style or preferences, you can find a way that suits you.
Once you get it going you will be able to earn much more money than working for someone.
You can generate a handsome, handsome! passive income - but you have to get it going first.
Let's say you are realistic, hard working, persistent, and this lifestyle and benefits are something you really want. Is it a good fit for you?
What Does it Take to Be a Successful Affiliate Marketer?
- Some of the characteristics of a successful affiliate marketer include:
- Fiercely independent
- Works well alone
- Can establish their own routines, procedures, and get things done.
- Doesn't mind a little risk (because there is no steady paycheck or guaranteed income)
- Has the financial means, through a job or savings, or other means) to stay the course until a full time income starts rolling in consistently.
- Able to learn quickly and likes learning - there are quite a few things to learn (most people expect it to work like magic - na uh!)
- Likes working on a computer.
- Enjoys or is good at sales, marketing, or copywriting.
- Does not get discouraged easily.
- Gets a kick out of the little wins along the way.
- Any creative skills though not necessary are really, really useful. Like graphic design, digital design, copywriting, content writing, blogging, storytelling.
What Characteristics Don't Make a Strong Match?
- If you are afraid of using a computer or just so bad at it. I know, everyone tells you that you do not need any computer skill. True in that you do not need to do any programing, development or digital design, but you will be using a computer to do ALL of your work. If you do not like working on a computer this is not for you. Now the exception is if you can pay others to do all of the hands on work for you. If you can, do so. You will get ahead faster (even if you are a computer wizard!)
- If you are risk-averse. Face it, some people just need that steady salary or hourly working for an employer.
- If you need a job structure with a supervisor.
Now, let's Take a More Vertical Look at Who is a Good Match for Affiliate Marketing
Bloggers are start off ahead of the game because they have a website and content. Content, content, content. Now if that content ties in with a profitable niche, you've got it made. While we all like buying traffic (it's fast and easy), your long game is already in full swing, and you can capitalize on that organic traffic.
You may already be monetizing with a few affiliate links, but if you go full swing by specializing in a niche, doing research, making recommendations, you will make even more - a lot more.
You can also promote your blog at the same time you promote your Affiliate products.
Any writer can apply their talents directly to Affiliate Marketing. You can write email sequences, blurbs, social media posts, blog posts and website content to market you Affiliate business.
Copywriters are particularly well suited. You have probably been writing copy to make some company lots of money. Do it to make yourself money!
If you write books of any kind, or any type of published web content, that is an automatic vehicle for your Affiliate Marketing.
Creatives are great for this business because you have full, free, creative rein on everything you do. You can create your online personality in your style and have fun with it. If you are aesthetically adept you can create great content, ads, affiliate posts, and all sorts of great content - just as you like. If you are an artist or performer, or crafter or such, you can add Affiliate Marketing as a side-hustle and get a superb secondary income.
A lot of mom's want or need to stay at home, especially if you are home schooling or have little ones.
Affiliate Marketing is a great home business. Unlike many other businesses it does not intrude at all into your personal life.
You can also grow it into a substantial home business with a big income.
This is the kind of thing I think all stay-at-home moms have been looking for.
You have total freedom, can work as much or little as you want, when you want, and from anywhere, at any time.
Sales people are sales people. You understand commission sales and you already know how to do it.
Sales is sales. Regardless of the type of sales or the product, you have a skills that you can apply to make money selling.
You may wan to do Affiliate Marketing as a side hustle (hey, it is a very lucrative side hustle) or replace your other business if you choose. It's up to you.
There are not too many sales opportunities where you can generate these kinds of residuals to create a real, substantial, ongoing passive income. You know how valuable that is.
Entrepreneurs of all types already have the mindset and temperament for a gig like this.
You already know the score and have a realistic expectation. You have already proven you have the work ethic and tenacity to put into it.
If you are a home business entrepreneur or an internet entrepreneur already, you will fit right in.
Looking for something new, or a side hustle? This will work for you.
As a self-employed contractor or home biz entrepreneur you will find many advantages of adding Affiliate Marketing to your business mix.